I have been a huge fan of all things ColourPop Cosmetics since they first launched their online store! Their Super Shock Shadows and Ultra Satin Lips are some of my holy grail makeup items! In the past year, I’ve seen the brand grow tremendously by expanding the variety of products they sell. They were also recently picked up by Sephora, so you can shop select items on Sephora.com and I’m pretty sure you can also buy the same items in store! The largest collection of products is definitely on their main website, which is where I purchased the Eyeshadow Palette that I am reviewing in this post! The “You Had Me At Hello” Pressed Powder Eyeshadow Palette is a bronze, mauve and plum toned beauty! If you have brown eyes, this is going to be your best friend! This is an awesome value, you get 12 eyeshadows for $18! This palette also comes with a mirror, which makes it perfect for traveling! Now let’s break down each shade in the palette!
- The Knot – A pearly, champagne metallic shadow with rose gold and silver shimmer. I really love this for an inner corner shade to brighten and widen my eyes!
- Moon Struck – This is my favorite all-over-the-lid shade! I love wearing warm gold colors with my skin tone on a daily basis. This one is a true light gold with a soft gold shimmer throughout!
- Two Peas – A warm brown transitional shade that is super matte and creamy! This one has a peachy undertone, which is very complimentary to the gold and purple shades in the palette!
- Candygram – Another one of my favorites in the palette, I know I’ll be getting a lot of wear out of this one! This is a pink with metallic gold shimmer!
- Winning Ticket – A matte dusty rose color. I love this for blending out the crease! This would also be a gorgeous color to put on your lid with a flat shader brush, then blend out with a fluffy brush for a super easy, monochromatic eye look!
- FBO – I’m a bad beauty blogger and completely forgot to swatch this shade on my arm! This is a very metallic, pinky plum shade with silver shimmer! It’s super beautiful, I’m so sorry I forgot to swatch this!
- Look See – A matte plum with a cranberry undertone. I was really impressed with the even pigmentation of this shade! I think this is going to be so pretty blended on my outer crease and lower lash line!
- Fool’s Rush – This is a bronze color with gold shimmer throughout! This is probably the shade I’ll use most often! I love these types of shades to compliment my brown eyes!
- Pulling Strings – I love warm matte browns for crease colors and this one is so creamy and evenly pigmented!
- Want U Back – A cool toned, matte brown with a mauve undertone! I’m really glad they put this one in the palette because it will easily tie in the gold colors and purple shades for a cohesive eyeshadow look!
- DTR – I typically don’t purchase these shades, so I’m really happy I have one included in this palette to get me out of my comfort zone! It’s a gray, taupe color with silver shimmer. It has a slight lavender shift, which gives it a unique twist!
- Sparks Fly – This was the only shade in the palette that looked a little patchy! I haven’t used it on the eyes, so take this with a grain of salt! Sometimes swatches can be super deceiving, but I did want to point that out! It is a dark brown matte color that has a plum undertone. This will make a great liner shade to give the eyes soft definition.
My final thoughts on this palette is that it’s awesome and I would highly recommend it to anyone that loves these types of shades! It actually feels like better quality than some of my more expensive, luxury brand eyeshadow palettes! The shimmer shades are metallic and the mattes are very creamy and evenly pigmented! I also love that it comes with a mirror as well! The packaging is super compact and I can definitely see myself traveling with this palette and not needing to bring any other shades to create a complete look. Do you own any of the ColourPop Pressed Eyeshadow Palettes? Do you prefer them over the Super Shock single eyeshadows? Leave me a comment below! Happy December to everyone and I hope you have a great week! Thank you so much for reading!
Shop the palette here!
Follow me on Instagram: @abigaillindsayblog
Email any business inquires to:
One thought on “ColourPop “You Had Me At Hello” Pressed Powder Eyeshadow Palette! Review and Swatches!”
I seriously never tried ColourPop, but I am very much thinking of buying that palette!!!!