It can be so stressful trying to find the perfect gift. With the holidays approaching, I wanted to feature some makeup sets that would make great presents for friends and family members that love all things beauty! During the Sephora VIB Sale, I snagged this Stila “Eye for Elegance Liquid Eye Shadow Set” and I couldn’t wait to share my thoughts with you on how amazing it is! First we can talk about how great of a deal this is, you’re getting 6 deluxe size shadows for $45, for an overall value of $72! There are two different formulas in the set, “Glitter & Glow,” which is exactly as the name states, very glittery with noticeable sparkles. “Shimmer & Glow” is a shimmer, satin formula that doesn’t have any chunky glitter. The “Shimmer & Glow” shadows won’t be released until Spring, so I was very excited to try a product that you can only use if you buy this set!
What I love most about these liquid eyeshadows is their long lasting formulation and the very limited fallout I experience (if any) throughout the day! The “Glitter & Glow” will most likely drop a couple sparkles down from your eyelids, onto to your face, but it’s nothing horrible! I always use these before I do my face makeup, just so I can clean up any fallout before I do my foundation and concealer! The consistency of the formula is somewhat watery, but they do dry very quickly so you have to work fast to blend them out! Once they have set, they’re not going anywhere, so make sure you place it exactly where you want it!
I love that you can layer these liquid shadows, without them breaking up and separating on the lid. The applicator is perfect for placing the shadow down, but I like going in with my ring finger and softly blending out the edges of the shadow right after.
Shimmer & Glow Liquid Eyeshadows
- Kitten – This is exactly like their award winning powder eyeshadow, a beautiful champagne shade with a bright peachy, pink shimmer throughout. I would use this shade all over the lid to create an easy, but gorgeous eye look that only takes about 30 seconds to look complete!
- Grace – I’m not going to lie, I thought this color was a little too similar to Kitten and if I was personally curating the shades selected for this kit, I would’ve chosen something that was more golden to give some variety. With that said, this is a very beautiful taupe color with a champagne shimmer. It looks stunning on the eyes and I think I’ll be getting a lot of use out of it!
- Twig – This is a warm, chestnut brown with golden shimmer. I’ve been using this on my outer corners to give added depth. This is also beautiful smudged on the lower lash line and looks less harsh than a traditional eye liner.
Glitter & Glow Liquid Eyeshadows
- Peachy Sheen – I don’t know if this color will be everyone’s cup of tea, but I personally love it! It will give you that editorial, glossy lid look that you see in high-end beauty campaigns! The peach shimmer is going to be complimentary on so many skin tones as well! This doesn’t have the pigmented base that the other shadows have, but the glitter is incredible and will give you an effortless, while still on-trend eyeshadow look!
- Smoldering Satin – This is my favorite shadow in the entire collection! I know this is the shade that I’ll get those most wear out of because it’s a neutral champagne shade that has a ton of gold and silver glitter! I am so excited to pair this with a bold lip for upcoming holiday parties! This would also be beautiful with an all matte eyeshadow look on the top eyelid, with a glitter accent on the lower lash line!
- Next to Notte – I already have a look in mind for an upcoming tutorial using this eyeshadow! It is a gorgeous cranberry red, with pink and silver shimmer! I am really excited to step out of my comfort zone and rock this stunning red glitter shadow!
I can’t say enough good things about this set! I think it’s definitely worth the money and I know I’ll use all of these shades. I think this would make a great gift for anyone that loves makeup! The formula is on point and I think there are enough wearable shades for someone to use these on a daily basis! The box is so cute that you can just stick a bow on it and you have a perfect little present to place under the tree! What did you think of the swatches? Are you planning on giving makeup sets as gifts this Christmas? Let me know in the comments! Thank you so much for reading this review!
Follow me on Instagram: @abigaillindsayblog
Email any business inquires to: