It’s sweater weather, so you need a warm eyeshadow palette to feel extra cozy! The “Tartelette Toasted Eyeshadow Palette” is a brand new, 12 shadow palette from one of my favorite makeup brands, Tarte Cosmetics! I really love wearing warm shades on my eyes and find them to look somewhat natural on a daily basis. Even though I love makeup and have so many different options, I get the most out of my warm-toned, natural eyeshadows! I was so drawn to this palette in particular because it has both matte and shimmer shades. I knew I could create multiple looks using this one product, making it perfect for getting ready in a rush or traveling!
I wanted to give you a break down on all of the shades and the way they apply! As you can see, the shadows swatch beautifully, but some of them require a little extra work to show up equally as pigmented on the eyes! There are 5 shimmer shades and 7 mattes and I am super pleased with that ratio! In my opinion, you need to have more matte shades so you can create depth in the crease. It’s also nice to highlight your brow bone with a matte light shade and also have a dark enough matte color to add a shadow liner or deepen the outer crease.
- S’more – This is the perfect “all-over-the-lid” shade. I use this after I apply eye primer to set my eyelid and give an even base to the shades I blend overtop. This is the perfect brow bone highlight too! It’s a bright, matte beige color that will work for a lot of skin tones.
- Sunrise – I wasn’t very impressed with this color when I swatched it, just because it seems so sheer! I’m happy to report that it looks a lot prettier when you apply it as an eyeshadow! It is a cream shade with a slight golden sheen. If you like to wear really natural colors, you would love this! I love putting this in my inner corners to help my eyes look more awake!
- Sunset – This is such a perfect gold/bronze shade! It’s not packed with sparkles, so you don’t feel overly glittery when wearing this on a daily basis!
- Crackle – This is actually such a unique eyeshadow! It is a true brown base, but also has gold flecks throughout! When blending this shade, some of the glitter falls out, so be warned! I think this is best applied in patting motions using your finger to prevent any fallout!
- Cashmere – A creamy, matte peach shade! I love using this as a transitional shade in my crease! It will be perfect on “no-makeup makeup” days to lightly define!
- Warmth – This is my favorite matte color in the whole palette! It’s a rusty, terracotta shade that is super pigmented! You need the smallest amount of this color to make a statement! It will instantly warm up any eyeshadow look! I think this is going to be so pretty blended all over the eye and paired with a dark lip for Fall!
- Flame – By far one of the most metallic colors in the palette! You can apply it with a brush and it will definitely show up on your eyes, but this is another shade that works best with your fingers. It’s a bright copper color with gold shimmer throughout.
- Cozy – I absolutely love this matte brick color. It’s super creamy and applies evenly on the lids. You do have to be careful when using this alone, either all over the eyelid or underneath your eye because it can make you look slightly sick haha! I think it’s best to add dimension on the outer edges and that’s how I’m personally planning on using it.
- Candle – I’m so indifferent towards this color because it’s chunky and glittery, but looks so gorgeous on the eyes. I would describe it as a sparkly champagne shimmer! This is the most “high maintenance” color in the palette because you have to use a mixing medium, like M.A.C Fix Plus or the Too Faced Glitter Glue to make it work. You will have a ton of fallout if you try to apply this dry with a brush. It’s best to use your finger to pat it on and work in light layers because it can look uneven and patchy when trying to build it up!
- Latte – This is my perfect crease shade! It’s one of the more neutral colors in the palette and will help add some variety to natural and more dramatic looks!
- Simmer – My favorite shimmer shade in the entire palette! This is the most beautiful copper color! It has a gold shift and applies really well with a brush OR your fingertips! I can see this complimenting blue eyes so beautifully!
- Fireside – This swatch doesn’t do this shade justice, it looks kind of patchy, but it’s really creamy and blendable on the eyes (which is what really matters)! This is a deep plum/brown that looks beautiful as a soft liner if you want to naturally define your lashline. Or you can use it right on the outer corners of your eye for extra drama!
Even though a few of these eyeshadows require a little more work than others, I think this palette is totally worth it! I’m so happy I purchased mine before it sells out and I can already tell that I’m going to use it all the time! You get 12 Amazonian Clay eyeshadows for $46! That’s a really good deal, making each shadow a little less than 4 bucks! They are all extremely pigmented and very creamy, they also smell like vanilla! I have sensitive skin and haven’t had any reaction to the scent or red pigments in these shadows, hooray! This would make an awesome gift for the holidays too! The only person I wouldn’t recommend this palette to, would be someone that hated warm toned eyeshadows because that’s literally all that is inside! Haha! What do you think of this Toasted Eyeshadow Palette? Do you own any of the other Tartelette palettes? If so, I would love to know how this one compares! Have a great week and thank you so much for reading!
Shop the Toasted Palette Here!
Follow me on Instagram! @abigaillindsayblog
Email any business inquires to: