Eyebrows are essential. I seriously fear leaving my house without having them done…they frame my face and compliment the makeup that I put on. I have naturally full eyebrows, but they're totally different shapes and heights…LOL isn't the saying, "eyebrows are sisters, not twins?" Well, mine are like two distant cousins that live on opposite sides of the country. I do have my good brow (right side) and I can always count on it remaining thick and fluffy, but also nicely arched. My ol' bad brow (left side) is quite a troublemaker and always makes me spend extra time trying to make it symmetrical.
I have used countless brow pencils, powders and pomades. After years of trial and error, I feel like I've finally found a combination that gives me the eyebrows that I love most; natural and bushy! I know what you're thinking, what about tweezing/waxing/threading?! I try to maintain some sort of an arch and pluck any stray hairs underneath the brow and in the middle, but I've stayed away from removing any hair above my eyebrow. It's helped me grow out the horribly over-plucked, sperm shaped mess that took years to undo (thank you, 8th grade) and it gives me more of an undone, natural effect. I love 80's supermodel eyebrows, think Brooke Shields and Cindy Crawford. These ladies brushed their hairs straight up and usually sprayed hairspray on their spoolie to keep them in tact. You definitely don't have to go for this look if you don't like it! It is totally fine if you prefer a more precise, clean brow, I think that look is so beautiful too! I've just had a lot of requests to post an eyebrow routine and I wanted to show you how I've been filling them in lately!
Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade, "Chocolate" and Anastasia #12 Angled Brush.
Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel, "Chocolate" and Givenchy Mister Brow Groom.
- These are just my all-natural eyebrows! Something for you to compare for a before and after! ☺️
- I always use my Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade. One little jar of this stuff lasts forever and it will never fade throughout the day. I find that it's just the easiest way for me to fill in my brows in a natural way. Using an angled brush, with a spoolie on the other end, also helps me get this done precisely and quickly! I first draw a line underneath the brow to get a defined shape. I always start on the bottom because you can just brush excess product upwards if you apply too much, it's incredibly harder to correct when you start from the top. I focus on emphasizing my arch and extending the tail of my eyebrow as well. With the spoolie side of my brush, I gently swipe any extra product into the hairs, making sure to cover any blank spots.
- Now I move onto the top. You can see that I've drawn a pretty harsh line to carve out my arch. This also helps me create additional symmetry and give an illusion that they're the same height.
- I've blended all of the lines into the eyebrow hair and brushed through everything a few times with the spoolie. It is so important during this entire routine to never put excess product towards the front of the brows. That's when things can get very unnatural looking! Instead, I take whatever is left on my brush at the very end of the sculpting process and gently fluff it through the front part to lightly shade it in.
- I used the Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel to give some highlights and dimension to the hairs. It also helps warm them up a little and match my current hair color a bit more. I love this eyebrow gel on its own, but of course I'm extra and add another one in the mix.
- I applied some of my Givenchy Mister Brow Groom and used the applicator to brush upwards on my hairs. This is a clear gel, so it's totally fine if a little gets on your skin from brushing them straight. This product is so pricey, but if you have hairs that fall or get wild throughout the day, it may be worth it. This stuff is like superglue and I love fluffing the front section of my eyebrows with this product. It also helps separate each hair and will help you look like you just naturally have beautiful, bushy brows!
What is your must-have eyebrow product? Have you ever tried any hair growth products that helped you get thick, full brows? Let me know! The bushier, the better and I just want the type of eyebrows that could make Lily Collins envious! I really appreciate you checking out my blog and reading this post! Feel free to leave me suggestions on what I should write about next!
Follow me on Instagram: @abigaillindsayblog
Email any business inquires to:
6 thoughts on “Eyebrow Routine!”
Your eyebrows are amazing!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much! That’s the best compliment! ☺️
I love dip brow! It’s pretty great!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Can’t live without it!
i had no idea abh had tinted brow gel till i read this! must purchase it soon
LikeLiked by 1 person
Oh yeah, it’s so good! They have a ton of shades as well, so you’re bound to find your perfect match! ☺️