Mauve and blush tones are very on-trend this year and seem to be popping up all over various Instagram makeup accounts. I feel like these rose-toned shadows look super natural, without being the same-old browns and gold tones I usually stick to. This makeup look would pair well with your standard neutral shades, like gray, cream and black, but I think it would look gorgeous with a blush-toned ensemble for a monochromatic, trendy vibe. I used the Naked 3 palette to complete the eye look and I loved the way it turned out. I re-discovered my love for these eye shadows and would highly recommend this palette if you love mauve-toned makeup looks.
- I started off by priming my eye lids with my new favorite Wet N’ Wild Eyelid primer and then sweeping the color “Strange” from lash line to brow bone. I love using a matte, light color to set my primer and allow the other shades I place on top blend easier.
- Next, I blended “Limit” throughout my crease as a transitional color.
- Taking the matte shade, “Nooner,” I deepened my outer crease. I love doing this gradient effect to make my eyes appear larger and more defined.
- I used a combination of “Burnout” and “Liar” for my lid shade. I made sure to pack on this color with a flat shader brush to decrease the likelihood of glitter fallout!
- I used ColourPop’s “Tassel” on my inner corner to provide an intense highlight effect and further widen the look of my eyes. I loved the pop of sparkle that this step added to the overall look!
- Lastly, I lined my upper lash line using the Stila “Stay All Day” felt tip eyeliner pen and used the Tarte “Tartiest” mascara to prep my eyelashes for falsies.
I used the shades “Bubbly” and “Dripping In Gold” from the Anastasia “That Glow” Glow Kit for my highlight! I love the glossy look of this product when applied to my cheekbones, which is rare to find in a powder formula! For the lips, I used ColourPop Ultra-Matte Liquid Lipstick in the shade, “Midi,” which is a cool-toned, dusty pink shade that compliments the eyes really well. I would definitely recommend wearing a chapstick or lip primer underneath these lippies because they’re very drying and borderline chalky otherwise! The only aspect of this look that I wasn’t too fond of was the lashes…not only were they extremely uncomfortable, they would not adhere to my natural lash line! They were the Ardell “Double Up” Wispies, but I wanted to mention the Ardell “Demi Wispies Natural” are my favorite lashes and are so light to wear! I tried two different lash glues with the “Double Up” style and neither of them would help this thick band stay in place on my eyes, which resulted in covering the band with lots of gel eyeliner and trying to make it work! They look beautiful when your eyes are open, but unfortunately it is pretty visible and not cute whenever you close them.
Let me know if you enjoy these simple makeup looks and would like for me to do more! I know it would be much easier to film a tutorial from beginning to end, rather than meticulously explain each detail of the process, so let me know if you would be interested in seeing that instead! Thank you so much for reading!
Follow me on Instagram: @abigaillindsayblog
Email any business inquires to: