I’m super excited to write this post because it indicates vacation season and warm weather! I wanted to share my essential travel makeup products with you, while also giving you some good tips on how to pack light by bringing multipurpose products! A quick disclaimer that sometimes I bring more, sometimes I bring less, but this post is intended to highlight a few helpful tips I try to follow when packing makeup!
- While on vacation, I either wear a full-face of makeup, or none at all! So I do bring a primer; the Too Faced Hangover Rx Primer is my absolute favorite because it is super hydrating and prolongs the wear of my makeup. I always take advantage of any chance I can bring a product in a small travel size too!
- I love using a stick foundation while I’m traveling because I don’t have to worry about a glass bottle breaking in my makeup bag and liquid foundation pouring out everywhere (that has actually happened to me before…) The MakeupForever HD is so great and performs very well in the summer heat!
- When I’m traveling, I like to bring the products that are my tried and true favorites, ones that I know will work no matter what. For concealer, my holy grail is the Tarte Shape Tape! It does a great job at both concealing and highlighting my face. This cuts down on my need to bring a corrector, brightening concealer, etc.
- As for powders, I always bring a translucent one since my skin tone is usually getting more tan from sun exposure and I want to make sure that whatever I’m putting on top matches. I love the Laura Mercier translucent powder because it is super light weight and won’t leave behind the dreaded white cast. To contour and highlight, I absolutely love my Tarte contour palette because it has the two different highlight and contour shades to create your perfect, customer color. Plus, it comes with a blush! You can also use the contour shades to fill in your eyebrows or act as a matte transition color to blend into your crease!
- I typically do bring an additional matte bronzer that is more warm toned to compliment my natural tan. I love the Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer because it lasts for so long and smells like a tropical getaway! Since this is matte, I also use this as an all over setting powder (kind of cringe-worthy, I know) but when I’m on vacation, I’ll just take a large fluffy brush and lightly dust bronzer around the entire perimeter of my face for an all-over tanned look.
- This little Becca highlight palette is my BFF for travel! Many highlight powders can be super sensitive to breaking since they’re formulated to be so soft. I love the hard case these come in and the variety of shades I have to choose from. I’m also happy that I can choose a shimmer bronzer and a shimmer blush if I want to top my face with those too! I use all of the colors in this palette for eyeshadows as well! Again, it’s all about finding those compact products that you can use for multiple purposes!
- I will never sacrifice brows, no matter how natural I want makeup to be! The Benefit Ka-Brow is an awesome little pomade that lasts through sweat and other unattractive consequences that the heat brings. I’m in love with the packaging on this product because there’s a precise angled brush in the cap!
- Even though I use my Becca highlighting palette on my eyes, I do like to bring one single eyeshadow to wear when I’m on vacation. The PUR eye polish is so awesome because it is formulated with a primer, so you don’t have to pack an extra item. It also gives the eyes a shimmery/glossy look, which I love for a summer makeup look! I always bring a neutral color that will go with any possible outfit that I pack so I don’t have to overthink getting ready. When I’m on vacation, the last thing I want to waste time doing is my hair and makeup!
- I always bring a black eyeliner and a nude eyeliner and Tarte just so happens to make my two faves! I will sometimes bring a liquid liner, but most of the time I just do pencil because I find they last the longest in heat and won’t fade or drip down my face in hot weather!
- For mascara, I like to pack a formula that is both volumizing and lengthening. Again, I’m trying to cut down on bringing multiple products when I can just pack one that does the work of two! A mascara that never fails me is the Tarte “Lights, Camera, Lashes” and they do make a waterproof version as well! I find that this is ultra-black and doesn’t flake or fade throughout the day. Definitely try it if you haven’t yet!
- For lips, I like to keep it as simple as possible and bring the items I know I will wear and actually use. I love this Tarte lipstick because it’s hydrating, but gives a matte finish! It is also super long-lasting and I love the nude color!
- Sometimes I bring a lipliner, sometimes I don’t, but for the sake of this post I wanted to show you which one I would pack! The Stila lipliners last for such a long time and I’m kind of convinced they may be waterproof…I would pack a neutral color that is pretty similar to my natural lip shade.
- The Fresh Sugar lip treatments are the best tinted balms! These will hydrate and provide a sheer wash of color for natural makeup looks. I love the Berry and Rose colors and definitely want to try out some other shades too!
- Buxom glosses are my absolute favorite and if I were to only pack one lip product, I would probably just take this bad boy! These are formulated to give full coverage color and they will stay glossy for such a long time! I think they feel nourishing on the lips and I love that for humid, dry weather, which is what I experience in the summer! Also they have a super cooling effect when you apply them to your lips; what a bonus!
- Anytime I’m facing humidity, I have to bring a hairspray. I love these mini travel size versions of my favorite Amika hair products! How beautiful is the packaging?! This touchable hairspray is essential for beachy waves that look natural and not crunchy!
- Dry shampoo is just a necessity in any situation and this one is by far my favorite! It is super refreshing and gives such good body. I love the smell of it too! I have pretty long hair, so the less amount of time I have to spend washing, drying, styling…the better; so dry shampoo is literally a savior for me on any trip.
I really hope you enjoyed reading this and finding out what is in my travel makeup bag! Again, sometimes I pack more and sometimes I pack less depending on the duration and location of the trip! These are just the essential items that I use on a daily basis for my go-to, easy makeup looks! What items do you bring on trips? What are some of your tips on packing lightly? What are the best multi-use products that you love for travel? Please leave me a comment below! Thank you again for reading!
Follow me on Instagram: @abigaillindsayblog
Email any business inquires to: